Sometimes you taste something that is an exposition of flavors in your mouth and this is definitly one of those things. This post and recipe is a lot about leftovers especially so close to the weekend when you’re more likely to have more leftovers in your fridge from the week. Like anyone, sometimes I open my fridge and think that I have absolutely nothing to eat which is almost always false! If you have a nice piece of toast and an egg, everything is possible. This specific recipe was in fact planned for however the point is that creating something beautiful and delicious doesn’t have to mean a trip to the grocery store, it just means you need to get a little creative! Try this recipe for your next breakfast/brunch or even for dinner with a side of balsamic salad.
- 1 Piece of sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes or cauliflower ( I used cauliflower)
- 2 tbs of white cheddar or any other cheese you prefer
- 1 egg, poached
- 3 steamed asparagus
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and toast a piece of bread until golden and mash either 1 potato or a handful of steamed cauliflower.
- Mix the mashed potatoes or cauliflower with the cheese and heat up either using the microwave or stove top so that the cheese melts into the mash. Spread this on top of the bread and add the asparagus.
- Add about a teaspoon of vinegar to the pot of water. (This will help the egg to shape better) And gently crack the egg into the water and with a spoon fold the edges toward the egg for about 5 seconds and then leave it alone and let it cook for about 3 minutes and remove and place on top of the toast. (Make sure none of the water gets on the toast)
- sprinkle with salt and pepper or even some paprika and enjoy!
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.