My husband called this “the best salad he has ever had.” Kind of a big statement indeed but it really was the perfect salad! Most of the ingredients are pretty basic such as the arugula, tomatoes and shallots but the thing that makes this salad so special is the two ways you’re serving the prosciutto. Prosciutto is already so good as is but you’re going to actually cook half of it on a skillet to make it super crispy and the two different forms together just taste amazing! This is definitely a salad you can serve as an actual meal or you can serve the smaller version as a pre dinner salad.
- 1 bag of Arugula
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 container of buffalo mozzarella
- 10 slices of Prosciutto
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Few drops of truffle oil
- balsamic glaze (to drizzle)
- parmesan cheese (for topping)
Cook half of the prosciutto in a skillet with very lightly coated olive oil until slightly golden on both sides. It won’t be crispy while its on the skillet, you’ll have to transfer them to a paper towel and they will crisp up naturally.
Cut the tomatoes and thinly slice the shallots.
- In a bowl add the arugula along with the juice of a lemon and the 2 tbs of olive oil. (Usually doesn’t need any salt but add some if you think it needs it)
- In another small bowl add the buffalo mozzarella and mash with your hands or the back of a fork. Add a few drops of truffle oil as it could get very overpowering and mash all together.
- Top the salad with the tomatoes, shallots, both forms of the prosciutto and the cheese.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and top off with some shaved parmesan cheese.
Follow me on IG: @gratefullbelly
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.