We all love pizza but sometimes the calories can be horrifying. Here is a quick and easy way to make carb-less cauliflower pizza crust. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy like regular pizza! (Promise)
- 2 heads of cauliflower OR (what I do is buy 2 bags of organic cauliflower rice)
- 1 egg
- 3 oz of goat cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- Fill up a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Chop the cauliflower into big pieces and pulse them in the food processor until you make “rice.” This may need to be done in batches. If you’re using bagged cauliflower (which is the easiest!) then that part is already done for you.
- Once you have the “Rice” you can boil it in the water for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is fully cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 400 at this point and drain the cauliflower and let it cool. Once the cauliflower has cooled pour it into a nut milk bag and drain all the water out. This part is very important in preventing a soggy crust.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well with your hands. Add parchment paper to a sheet pan and put the two balls of “dough” on it and try to mold like a pizza. It won’t have the same texture at all so you have to actually mold it as it doesn’t stretch.
- Bake the crust for about 30 minutes or until golden. Add your favorite topping as you would to a regular pizza and then bake again for another 10 minutes or until you think its ready.
Follow me on Instagram: @Gratefulbelly
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.