All it takes is a can of organic chickpeas and a few spices to make this delicious and super healthy snack. It takes about 5 minutes to whip up and so easy to make. This is a great snack to make post workout as well as just a snack to have in the office. Its also a great idea for a pre-dinner appetizer if you’re having a dinner part. Chickpeas are loaded with protein as well as fiber and folate. Chickpeas are also a anti-aging food so eat up!
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (more if you like it salty)
- juice of half a lemon
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 and open the can of chickpeas and rinse all the canned water out.
- Put parchment paper on a small baking pan and pour the chickpeas on and add the oil along with all the spices and mix well.
- Put the chickpeas in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until it gets crispy.
- Let it cool before you plate or pack it.
- These chickpeas taste amazing however the one downfall is that they do loose their crispness if you let them sit for too long. But! problem solved! Any leftovers that you may have you can throw them into a soup or a sandwich or even make a spicy roasted hummus.
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.