This dish truly has it all. It looks so incredibly elegant, tastes amazing and most importantly its packed with a lot of nutrients. What else could you ask for? Oh! and its super easy to make. I was skeptical when I first thought of this recipe thinking that the pistachios and garlic wouldn’t go well together but it totally did. It kind of tastes like a recipe that has a million ingredients when really it only has a few.
[ Serves 2 ]
- 2 Salmon Filets
- 3 tbs pistachio (roasted is better)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (leave this out if you don’t like garlic)
- sprinkle of salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 and remove the skin of the filets if the butcher didn’t already and gently poke holes on top of the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper (the side where the skin was will be face down)
- Using a hand grinder, grind the garlic, pistachios, olive oil and salt and pepper together. If you don’t have a grinder then you could use a food processor. You’ll probably have to make more as the processor won’t be able to mix such a small amount.
- Divide the mixture and add on top of both of the salmon filets. It won’t cover the entire thing which is good because the pistachio mixture is pretty rich so you want it to only be on part of it like the picture.
- Add salmon filets on a sheet pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Everyones oven is different and everyones piece of fish is different so cook until you think its right, it should be about 20 minutes. A way to know that you might have overcooked salmon is when the white stuff start coming out of the skin. This means its been overcooked so if you do see that immediately take it out.
- Add some more pistachios on top for presentation and enjoy!
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.