If you’re gonna eat pasta make it a hearty and healthy one like this recipe right here! Perfect for kids and also if you’re under the weather. Its basically the pasta version of chicken soup. Yes, it has carbs but eating anything in moderation is fine! This also works well with other pastas like spaghetti or pasta tubes. Try it!
- 1/2 box of macaroni noodles (8 oz) or any pasta you want to use. (You can use the full box and double my ingredients)
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 organic chicken drumsticks (You can also use chicken thighs)
- 3 tbs butter
- Reserve 2-4 tbs of pasta water
- Fill up a big pot of water and add the chicken inside and let it boil for about 30 minutes to get that nice homemade chicken broth.
- Take the chicken out and shred the meat or cut into small pieces and make sure to reserve all the chicken broth.
- Add the chicken broth to another pot and bring to a boil and you’re actually going to boil the pasta in the broth instead of water.
- Once pasta is done, (follow directions on box) drain and save some of the chicken broth.
- In smaller pot add 3 tbs of butter and then add the pasta. Separate the egg yolks and VERY SLOWLY add them to the pasta but you have to make sure to stir constantly or else you’ll get yourself scrambled eggs.
- depending on the dryness add the reserved pasta/chicken water to the sauce and adjust flavor by adding salt.
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.