Make something beautiful for breakfast whether it’s for your family or a group of friends you have over for brunch! As healthy and tasty as this pudding is, you’ll also be surprised to know that it was actually pretty easy to make and super fun! A really impressive dish to make for the people you love and also super fun to make with kids.
- 1.5 cups greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 7-8 tbs chia seeds
- 5 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbs Pitaya Powder
- Start off by mixing the first six ingredients together leaving out the pitaya powder
- Divide the mixture evenly into 3 bowls. In the first bowl add nothing for the white layer. In the second bowl add 1 tbs of pitaya powder for the light pink layer and 2 tbs to third bowl for the brighter pink layer.
- In 2 ramekins, separate the bright pink mixture to form the bottom layer. (Start off with the hot pink color always because the powder makes the layers thicker and the lightest weight should go on top of the pudding.
- Refrigerate the ramekins for about 10 mins or longer. Then take them out of the refrigerator and pour the light pink mixture to form the 2nd layer and refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer and then add the white layers.
- Top with berries and nuts or whatever else you would like and serve.
*If you’re short on time and can’t wait for the ombre process then either leave the pitaya powder out to make a white chia seed pudding or add all 3 tbs to the chia pudding and mix thoroughly for a pink chia seed pudding.
Author: Tatiana Merciyan
Tatiana Merciyan Rumi is a foodie at heart and a wife and mommy to Sam and Gia, who are her everything. She has always had a big love for food and culture and truly enjoys cooking as well as coming up with new and healthy recipes. She is Armenian and holds the pride of love and family dear to her heart. She is grateful for her upbringing and family roots who have introduced her to all ethnicities of food. In her spare time, she loves to travel and see how other people live, eat and enjoy their lives. Find more delicious recipes and food tips from her @ https://www.instagram.com/gratefulbelly/ and www.gratefulbelly.net.