This salad should we called the “nutrient salad” with all the vegetables and greens in it but its actually called “Fattoush” which is widely popular in a lot of arabic countries. Its perfect for vegetarians and even vegans! This salad requires a lot of chopping as it has so many vegetables so when I do make this I make sure to make extra so I could enjoy its amazing flavor and nutrients for a couple days. Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy!
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, chopped with skin on
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- handful of spinach
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 pita breads
- 2 tbs sumac (this is important)
- 2 tbs olive oil (more for the pita bread)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 and wash and prepare all your vegetables and put them all in one big bowl.
- Cut or tear the pita bread into bite size pieces and drizzle all over with olive oil to get that nice crunch. Bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy but not burnt.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the 2 tbs of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, sumac and juice of the lemon.
- Mix everything together including the pita chips and enjoy!
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.