This salad should we called the “nutrient salad” with all the vegetables and greens in it but its actually called “Fattoush” which is widely popular in a lot of arabic countries. Its perfect for vegetarians and even vegans! This salad requires a lot of chopping as it has so many vegetables so when I do make this I make sure to make extra so I could enjoy its amazing flavor and nutrients for a couple days. Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy!
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, chopped with skin on
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- handful of spinach
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 pita breads
- 2 tbs sumac (this is important)
- 2 tbs olive oil (more for the pita bread)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 and wash and prepare all your vegetables and put them all in one big bowl.
- Cut or tear the pita bread into bite size pieces and drizzle all over with olive oil to get that nice crunch. Bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy but not burnt.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the 2 tbs of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, sumac and juice of the lemon.
- Mix everything together including the pita chips and enjoy!
Author: Tatiana Merciyan
Tatiana Merciyan Rumi is a foodie at heart and a wife and mommy to Sam and Gia, who are her everything. She has always had a big love for food and culture and truly enjoys cooking as well as coming up with new and healthy recipes. She is Armenian and holds the pride of love and family dear to her heart. She is grateful for her upbringing and family roots who have introduced her to all ethnicities of food. In her spare time, she loves to travel and see how other people live, eat and enjoy their lives. Find more delicious recipes and food tips from her @ https://www.instagram.com/gratefulbelly/ and www.gratefulbelly.net.