Whether you prepare this for a dinner party or simply want to just enjoy it yourself (Hey, you deserve it!) This recipe will surprise you on how easy it is to prepare and how refreshingly delicious it is.
Not only does it look lovely but it’s packed with a number of nutritious ingredients that your body will thank you for. The Mediterranean Diet is often referred to as the healthiest diet there is. Here are some reasons why. Cucumbers supply a number of antioxidants including Vitamin C and are naturally very low in calories. The chicken provides a great amount of clean protein. Feta cheese which is often known as the healthiest cheese in the world is great for your immune system as well as aiding your gut, which in the last post on kambucha we learned is very important. And finally, the tahini which is a paste made from sesame seeds is a healthy fat that is excellent for your skin and balancing hormones.
Tasty, refreshing, healthy and quick! its a win!
FOR THE SALAD
- 8 persian cucumbers, peeled lengthwise
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz of good quality feta cheese
- half an onion, sliced
- 1 flatbread or pita bread
- 1 chicken breast, grilled or baked and then sliced
- Pinch of oregano
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbs tahini paste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs water
- salt and pepper to your liking
- For the Flatbread, cut them into bite size pieces and then coat them with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 375 until golden.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and adjust to your liking.
- Grill, bake or saute your chicken breast and cut into strips.
- Peel the cucumbers lengthwise using a swiss peeler and assemble them onto your plates folding them slightly to make it look curly and pretty.
- Add the tomatoes, feta, onions, chicken and toasted flat bread pieces.
- Pour the sauce all over and sprinkle with some oregano.
Follow me on Instagram: Gratefulbelly
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.