This is such a great dinner idea when you’re entertaining guests or even if you just want to have a romantic night for two. The sauce has a very unique taste where you can’t seem to put your finger on what exactly is inside. Juicy, easy and tasty, if you like eating lamb try out this recipe and you will be pleasantly surprised.
[Serves 2 -4 depending on the portion. If you’re making it for a bigger party I suggest doubling the ingredients)
- 1 rack of lamb
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup harissa
- 1/4 tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt. If you’re using garlic salt then leave out the salt in this recipe)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- Preheat the oven to 400 and gently rinse the piece of lamb with water and pat dry.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil along with the Harissa and tomato paste and mix for about 1 minute. Gently add the water slowly and turn the consistency from a paste to a sauce.
- Add the rest of there ingredients to the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes adding more water if needed.
- Allow the sauce to cool down. Meanwhile take out a baking sheet with a rack (if you don’t have a rack don’t worry.)
- Set aside about 1/3 of the sauce aside and spread the rest of the sauce all over the lamb and at this point you could choose to put it directly in the oven or refrigerate it until you’re ready to cook it.
- The best way to eat the is if you bake it halfway and then barbecue it. If you want to cook the whole thing in the oven then thats fine too. If you’re using the barbecue as well start off with baking this in the oven for about 40 minutes and then barbecuing it for about 5-7 minutes. If you are only using an oven then bake for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano or parsley and enjoy.
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.