Hey guys! I’m so excited to share this next recipe with with. As always it’s full of good for you and clean ingredients. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Have you heard of the golden milk latte? It’s a huge craze right now especially since turmeric is the main ingredient and it has amazing benefits. Golden milk is basically turmeric on steroids. It’s so good for you and the benefits, when mixed correctly, are insane.
If you want to know all the amazing benefits of golden milk you can check out that post here.
Now how do you make a golden milk mixture properly? Well there are tons of recipes out there on the internet, but to take the guesswork out I just use Gaia Herbs Golden Milk mixture. You can find this at Whole Foods or Amazon.
Okay so you have your golden milk mixture now let’s get baking!
This recipe is adapted from the blog “The Big Man’s World“, but this is my take on golden milk energy balls
* 1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
* 1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub for almond or extra oat flour)
* 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used organic coconut sugar)
* 1 Tbls of Gaia herb golden milk mixture
* 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
* 1/4 cup cashew butter (can substituted for any nut butter)
* 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
* 1 Tbls milk – your choice, I used cashew.
* Extra coconut sugar and golden milk mixture, to roll bites in
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, golden milk mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl mix your vanilla extract. Pour your wet mixture and coconut oil to the dry mixture and mix well. Depending on consistency, either add dairy free milk of choice or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
- Using your hands, form into small bite sized balls. Roll balls in optional granulated sweetener/golden milk mixture and place on a baking tray or plate. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
Fashion Style Foodie
Follow me on IG: @fashionstylefoodie
Author: Anna Romano
Anna Romano is a super chef and master food blogger of @fashionstylefoodie. She resides in NYC with her husband and furry friend. She is the go-to lady for all things DIY in the kitchen. Find more on her at: www.fashionstylefoodie.com