Juicing has definitely become super trendy recently. We constantly hear about the countless benefits and even read about celebrities who swear by juicing every single day. Well its not just a trend it really is SO good for you. I personally see a difference in my skin and weight when I juice every day and even more importantly is that I feel so energetic. A lot of people get discouraged from juicing because of the extensive clean up that comes along with it. I too didn’t start until recently because of that reason but there are other ways to juice that save tons of time! If you invest in a few nut milk bags then all you need is a blender! I never feel lazy to juice anymore because it takes about a minute to clean up afterwards. Try these juices today and see the difference!
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut water or regular water (This is only if you are using the blender method)
- 2 beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful of kale
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 inch turmeric root or 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 carrots
- Start with the base and chop the apples, lemon and ginger with or without the skin (skins has tons of vitamins!)
- In a blender add the ingredients and then simply add the rest depending on the type of juice you’re making and add the coconut water if you are using the blender method.
- Blend the ingredients and run it through a nut milk bag, squeezing very hard until all juice is out. You can throw away the rest.
- To take advantage of all the vitamins enjoy the juice within 20 minutes.
A quick note about juices vs smoothies.
There is always that question on which is healthier….juicing or blending. They are both very good for you but they have different benefits. You need to drink the one that answer to your body the most. For me I see more benefits with juicing but I like to incorporate both.
Juices- When you juice, you are removing the fibers of the veggies and fruit. Fibers are a good thing of course so the con with juicing is that they are eliminated and only the juice is left. The pro however is that when fibers are in fact removed from juices then your body is able to absorb the nutrients much much more.
Smoothies- With smoothies, all the fibers are left in the drink for your body however since your body eliminates the fibers it takes most of the nutrients along with it.
There is no doubt that both juices and smoothies are excellent for your health. You’re good with choosing either one!
Author: Tatiana Merciyan
Tatiana Merciyan Rumi is a foodie at heart and a wife and mommy to Sam and Gia, who are her everything. She has always had a big love for food and culture and truly enjoys cooking as well as coming up with new and healthy recipes. She is Armenian and holds the pride of love and family dear to her heart. She is grateful for her upbringing and family roots who have introduced her to all ethnicities of food. In her spare time, she loves to travel and see how other people live, eat and enjoy their lives. Find more delicious recipes and food tips from her @ https://www.instagram.com/gratefulbelly/ and www.gratefulbelly.net.