A healthy bean salad perfect for Summer, pool parties, potlucks or just a night in at home. The great thing about this salad is that it could either be a side dish which would probably be the best or you could even eat it as a light dinner. Not only are you loading up on the veggies but the Northern beans, which by the way are one of the healthiest beans you could eat, have tons of protein and fiber. Try it next time you’re going to a party or cook out and are asked to bring a side dish.
- 1 can of organic northern beans also known as great northern beans
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 pearl tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- handful of parsley
- 2 tbs of fresh mint
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to your liking
- Open the can of beans and rinse very well to get all that can juice out. Add them to a big bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and the cucumbers and add them in.
- Chop the green onions, parsley and the mint and add them to the bowl.
- Juice a lemon very well and add it along with the olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano.
(This dish could be made earlier on and actually tastes better that way as the vegetables marinate in the fresh lemon and olive oil.)
Author: Tatiana Merciyan
Tatiana Merciyan Rumi is a foodie at heart and a wife and mommy to Sam and Gia, who are her everything. She has always had a big love for food and culture and truly enjoys cooking as well as coming up with new and healthy recipes. She is Armenian and holds the pride of love and family dear to her heart. She is grateful for her upbringing and family roots who have introduced her to all ethnicities of food. In her spare time, she loves to travel and see how other people live, eat and enjoy their lives. Find more delicious recipes and food tips from her @ https://www.instagram.com/gratefulbelly/ and www.gratefulbelly.net.