Hummus has become very popular over the years! Why? Because its SO good for you, every single ingredient in hummus is a super food. You have chickpeas, which are full of youthful properties not to mention they help women with their estrogen levels. Tahini, which is a paste made from sesame (another super food) and what do we add to make it EVEN more healthy and beautiful? Beets! Beets give it a natural sweetness and lets face it, its just so beautiful and impressive to look at! Make this at your next dinner party and you’ll be sure to impress everyone with both the taste and appearance.
Heres my recipe:
- 3 beets
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 and chop the beets and bake until fully cooked (about 25 minutes)
- Open and rinse a can of chickpeas and put all the ingredients along with the beets into a food processor.
- Mix very very well until it is completely smooth. If its not mixing because its too dry just add more water and adjust the salt by adding more. (More water you use, the more salt you need to add)
- Spread in a bowl and I topped with pine nuts, pistachios, pomegranate seeds and edible rose pedals. You can top with anything but the pistachios give it a very nice contrast with the pink hummus.
- When you’re ready to eat the hummus you can add olive oil on top. If you’re making this for a dinner part you can prepare it with the toppings and everything from the night before and refrigerate but don’t add the olive oil until you are about to serve it.
OPTIONAL – I like this beet hummus to be extra smooth so after I’m done with the food processor, I also use a hand blender to really blend it out nicely. You can also just use the food processor for an extra 2 minutes instead.
follow me on IG: @gratefullbelly
Author: Christina Koop
Christina is a fun loving, trend oriented millennial with an eye for trend spotting and digital marketing. In her spare time, she is usually found with friends, reading the next marketing tech book, or simply with her husband relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer her in NC.